Steve Dobrogosz is an American composer, songwriter and pianist.
Dobrogosz was born in 1956 and grew up in Raleigh, North Carolina and attended Jesse O. Sanderson High School. He studied at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, and afterwards moved to Stockholm, Sweden in 1978, where he began recording and performing. Dobrogosz continues to reside in Stockholm.
Dobrogosz's over 1000 compositions span several genres, including jazz, pop, and classical. He has written a number of popular choral compositions, including Mass (1992) which has been performed in 40 countries.
He has collaborated with singers such as Radka Toneff, Jeanette Lindström, Berit Andersson and more recently with Anna Christoffersson. His albums with Christoffersson, "It's Always You" and "Rivertime," were nominated for the Swedish Grammy Award in the jazz album category. His 1982 album with Toneff "Fairy Tales" was named best Norwegian album of all time in a 2012 Norwegian artist poll.
He is married to Swedish flutist Katarina Fritzén. They have three sons.
- Songs (1980), with Steve Dobrogosz Trio
- Fairytales (1982), with Radka Toneff
- The Child's Gift (1986), with Steve Dobrogosz Vocal Ensemble
- Pianopieces (1994), solo, duets with Petur Östlund
- Duckwalk (1996), Steve Dobrogosz Quartet
- Mass and chamber music (1997), with St. Jacob's Chamber Choir
- Ebony Moon (1998), solo piano
- Best of Dobrogosz and Andersson (1999), with Berit Andersson
- Feathers (2000), with Jeanette Lindstrom
- Requiem/Te Deum (2004), with St. Jacob's Chamber Choir
- It's Always You (2006), with Anna Christoffersson
- When Lilacs Last In The Dooryard Bloom'd (2006), with St. Jacob's Chamber Choir
- Chambers (2007), solo piano
- Rivertime (2008), with Anna Christoffersson
- My Rose (2009), a Shakespeare oratorio
- Stream (2009), solo piano
- Twilight Melodies (2009), solo piano
- Poems (2007), with Annika Skoglund
- Golden Slumbers (2009), Steve Dobrogosz plays Lennon–McCartney
- Your Songs (2010 ), Steve Dobrogosz plays Elton John
- Covers (2010), with Anna Christoffersson
- World (2010), pianos
- Spanish Steps and other pieces (2010), solo piano
- Celebratory Music (2010), for pipe organ, with Andrew Canning
- Charts (2011), solo piano
- Garden Music (2012), solo piano
- Christmas Cantata (2012), Linköpings Akademiskakören
- Candlelight (2013), solo piano
- The Water of Life (2013), solo piano
- Forest (2014), solo piano
- Dreams (2014), solo piano